Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bullies and users

There has been many points in my life when I have felt bullied and used including by my parents who are supposed to be the ones who comfort you in these times. I always thought when you grew up it would happen less. I was totally wrong. Not only have I been continued to get bullied in aggressive production places of employment but now in my own home by the parents of the children I watch. This has brought my heart so low I can't even stand it. I intentionally choose to work with children because I loved how innocent and kind they are. What I failed to think of was how cruel their parents could be. Must you not only tear down my respect for myself and your children but also my business all together? Do you even understand the consequences of your actions? Let me lay it out for you clearly it will have one of two ways. One you and your child will have to find a new place to go or two you will demolish my whole business and send everyone packing including yourselves. That's the thing about bullies is they just don't think about the consequences. On the other hand I never make a choice without thinking how it will reflect back on to the others in my life. Also think about the example you are setting for your children. You're telling them they don't have to respect others including their authorities. Bullies breed bullies and those that take advantage teach their children to be a drain on society rather than to add to it. I teach children to be kind to each other. I teach them to add to our community with their special talents. I teach them that they are always good enough as long as they try and I'll always be proud of them for telling the truth and helping a friend in need. All I ask for in return is a little respect. Enough to support what I am doing with your children and enough to give them what they deserve. I can't do my job properly if I am worried about providing a balanced diet for them. Or paying the electric so they can be comfortable because their parents decided they needed to go out one more night or they really needed that new dress. I take care of my kids first and I am always last. I take care of your kids before myself. All I ask is that you support me instead of breaking me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment