Thursday, May 10, 2012

Craziness

As I started school again and interview for an assistant for the summer I find myself a bit overwhelmed. It ended up not working out the way I had it all planned but I'm going to be optimistic that the new plan will be in place by the end of next week. I'm a bit apprehensive of dealing with a teenage girl and a bunch of young kids. I hoping I have found a nice one with less attitude then the average teenage girl! In this way facebook is a heaven sent because as far as I can tell I have weeded out the ones with attitudes by their language and vulgarity used on facebook! Lol! Never thought that would come in handy that way! Some may not like this but I would rather have a mature well reserved assistant than one who is going to be dropping swears and such! I still wish it would have worked out for my orginal plan with a girl I know well and am comfortable with. I'm hoping this makes it easier for us to go to the park and go to the library and other fun things! I'm really loving the new preschool curriculm I thought we'd try! We are studying the rainforest and they evern thought enough to incorporate moral lessons into the curriculm. We had a discussion about being content and listening to your heart when is says you have had enough and you are happy. Such an awesome topic to discuss with children! We even did a fun scientific experiment with it where the kids got blindfolded and needed to decide when enough water had been poured into the glass in their hands. Some were good with a little, most were good to close to the top, and a couple had glasses that overflowed. We then discussed how we could better have used the excess water that had overflowed to share with our friends so everyone is happy. We also talked about jealous of thy neighbors things. The kids whho didn't have a lot were completely content with what they had and were not jealous of the others. What an awesome bunch of kids I have that have already learned the lesson of being content with what they have! The grass is just right on this side of the road! I think this is so important to understand especially in our society where some kids are taught they are supposed to have the best of the best or they aren't happy. This is definately a testamony to show parents that they can make a difference in their child's life at a young age whether they will have a positive and accepting personality or a harsh and critising one! Be an example for your kids and make sure it's a positive one because they are listening, watching, and reacting your every move! I know we often times think we are teaching them the right things only to catch ourselves acting badly infront of them, or maybe to turn around and see they had woken up and had been watching from the doorway. Reminds me of the song my Martina Mcbride in my daughters eyes I see who I want to be. We are our kids heros, their whole world they see through our eyes and how we interupt it effects them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment